Footscray Community Arts Centre’s artistic program is shaped by engagement, collaboration and conversation with community. With local, national and international connections, our focus communities include people of all abilities, ages, sexuality and faith from:
- Melbourne’s west
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities
- Indigenous communities
- Disadvantaged and marginalised communities
- People with disabilities
Creative and Industry Initiatives
Our creative initiatives are artist and community-led projects and initiatives. These can also be experimental concepts, new creative developments, presentations, festivals or ongoing workshop programs.
Industry initiatives are both industry and practitioner led practice and professional development opportunities including conferences, forums and workshops.
Creative and Industry Initiatives are generally short to medium term projects or activities that are always delivered by or in partnership with FCAC.
Across all of our platform areas, we work with professional and emerging artists and practitioners who are exceptional and dynamic.
We also consider our cultural facility a key component of our artistic and cultural program. There are a number of events and activities that we present and support each year for audiences to participate in, experience and enjoy.
1. Sandra Aitken, Vacuum Cleaner, as part of WEAVE 2013
2. Ngaiire peforms at the Contemporary Pacific Arts Festival, 2013. Photography by James Henry.
3. The Amplified Elephants perform ‘Howling Sound’ at FedSquare, 2011. Photography by Tim McNeilage.
4. Jennifer Tran presenting The Foodscray Race as part of the Emerging Cultural Leaders Showcase, 2013. Photograph by Rachel Main.
5. Anis Mojgani performs during One Night Stanza, 2013. Photograph by Rachel Main.