Bolly-Hip Hop (Beginner)
A combination of the world’s most popular genres – Bollywood and Hip Hop. This course features the grooviest soundtracks with a whole lot of swag. Learn the basics of Bollywood and Hip Hop dance to a killer soundtrack featuring Badshah, Yo Yo Honey Singh and Raftaar to name a few! Suitable for beginners with no prior dance experience required.
In this 8-week course, you will –
- Learn the basics of Hip Hop dance and technique
- Gradually learn a complete Bolly-Hip Hop fusion routine
- Get a great cardio workout
- Gain confidence, fitness and swag
- Have fun with a friendly group of beginner students
- Learn from the best in the industry – Melbourne’s top Bollywood and Hip Hop choreographer, dancer and teacher
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class
- Have access to a private group chat (via WhatsApp), to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
- Gain performance skills by creating a dance video in the final lesson. Your video is professionally filmed and edited by Studio J. You get full access to the final dance video, to share with family and friends (non-commercial use).
WHEN: Wednesdays, 5 February – 25 March, 6pm – 7pm
VENUE: FCAC Basement Theatre
COST: $199 (8 sessions)
AGE: Suitable for 18yrs+
ABOUT THE TUTOR: Emily Casey
Emily has been performing for 24 years in dance in a range of styles such as hip hop, bollywood, jazz, contemporary, ballet, tap as well as singing and acting. She has studied Certificate IV in Dance Teaching and Management, Elite Dance certificate, certificate IV in Training and Assessment and Diploma of Musical Theatre. Emily has performed for the Australian Katy Perry Tribute Show, is a part of hip hop crew The Legacy & Co and danced professionally for Bollywood companies cross Melbourne. Emily has been a student and guest teacher at Studio J for many years, learning styles such as Bolly-Hip Hop and Bolly-Heels. She is excited to share her passion for teaching Bolly-Hip Hop at Footscray Community Arts Centre!
1- Image courtesy of Studio J.