Bollywood Fitness (Open)
Want a dance workout without worrying about tricky choreography? Then this is the class for you! We’ve combined both our favourite styles – Bollywood and Bhangra, to create the ultimate dance fitness experience! Attend casually or purchase an 8-week pass – you choose!
In this class you will:
- Get an amazing cardio workout to a playlist featuring the hottest Indian songs
- Dance along with easy to follow steps, designed to gradually build your workout intensity
- Improve your fitness, strength and flexibility
- Join an addictive, new way to exercise
- Warm up, cool down and stretch safely
- Drill a variety of awesome moves influenced by Bollywood and Bhangra dance styles
- Laugh lots with a great group of people in a friendly and welcoming dance space
- Learn fun moves such as the light bulb, ‘thumka’ and pelvic thrusts!
WHEN: Saturdays, 8 February – 28 March, 10.30am – 11.30am
VENUE: FCAC Basement Theatre
COST: $105 floor pass (8 sessions) / $20 casual
AGE: Suitable for 18yrs+
ABOUT THE TUTOR: Joshinder Chaggar
Joshinder has been teaching dance for over 20 years, and is currently completing her Honours in Dance Research at Deakin University. She released Australia’s first and only Get Fit with Bollywood Dance DVD in 2006, which sold in stores both nationwide and internationally. She has conducted dance classes around the globe, including Melbourne, Sydney, Karachi, Mumbai, Dubai and Munich. Known for her fun teaching style, Joshinder is comfortable teaching across all ages and abilities. With a love for dance and fitness, she has combined her two passions to create the ultimate BollyFit dance experience!
1- Joshinder Chaggar. Image courtesy of Studio J.