Ice cream and zombies, snails and sakura trees, Neon Stories is an interactive exhibition sharing the things we love. Presented by Footscray Community Arts Centre and Western English Language School in collaboration with The Indirect Object.
Come and see what happens when art captures kids’ imaginations! After meeting the challenges of this year with fierce creativity, the students of Western English Language School invite you to the wondrous world they have created, inspired by their favourite places and with a little help from The Indirect Object.
From 9 December to 15 January, Neon Stories is accessible:
- Online using the 360° Virtual Exhibition Tour player below.
- In-person in FCAC’s Henderson House Galleries. Find out more about FCAC’s COVID Safety guidelines.
Welcome to Neon Stories Online
The video player below contains three videos welcoming you to Neon Stories:
- An introduction from Urvi Majumdar, FCAC Creative Workshops Producer
- Shannon Slee, WELS visual art teacher on art and education
- Lead artist Beth McMahon on the concept behind Neon Stories
For the best experience, click the fullscreen button (four arrows pointing to the centre to the right of the settings button) on the bottom right corner of the viewer.
360° Virtual Exhibition Tour
How to use the Virtual 360° player:
- Enter full screen by clicking the last icon on the right
- Click the arrows to move around the gallery
- Click the ‘i’ icon to read about the artwork
- Click the picture icon to view the work
- Start and stop auto rotate to look around the gallery
Neon Stories is proudly supported by Creative Learning Partnerships – A Victorian Government Initiative.
IMAGE: Design by Nadia Lian.