School Holiday Workshops: Superstars
School Holiday Workshops: Superstars
Week two dates: 4—7 July 2023
Footscray Community Arts is the place for creative kids these Winter holidays! Our popular School Holiday Arts Program returns with an incredible line-up of artists and activities for kids (6—12 years).
Week 2 is for all the young SUPERSTARS, it is our program that focuses on performing arts. In this four-day program you will join Isobel, Bianca and Max, for fun and games and an exploration of all things MUSIC! Don’t worry, absolutely no prior music experience necessary! All you need is enthusiasm!
In this program you will:
- Learn to sing in the group choir
- Form a band with kids in your own age group and write original songs
- Learn about the basics of music, melody and rhythm, and how to use them to be creative and have fun
- Designing your own percussion instrument
- Play games and meet new friends
- Do a final performance with all the other kids to show off everything you have worked on in a concert extravaganza
- Build confidence in an inclusive, welcoming environment.
Isobel, Bianca and Max are all professional musicians, with loads of music teaching experience, who are into all kinds of performance, so you are in excellent hands. You will build confidence, creatively express yourself and learn about music along the way!
We encourage folks to sign up for all four days, to get the most out of the program. But single day tickets are available.
Tuesday 4 July 2023
Wednesday 5 July 2023
Thursday 6 July 2023
Friday 7 July 2023
Before Care: 8:30—10am
After Care: 3pm–5pm
Superstars – How to Book.
- Each child needs to be booked in separately. Please complete one booking, add to cart, then proceed to booking for the next child.
- This is a four-day program.
- We recommend that you book the entire 4 day program to get the most out of it. On Friday there will be a showcase of your children’s work.
- The program day runs from 10am to 3pm.
- Before care (8:30—10am) and after care (3—5pm) are available program. If you need before and after care, please add this to cart at the time of purchase.
- You will receive further information about the program a week before it begins.
- Please get in touch if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
View our ticketing terms and conditions here.
Learn more about our Commitment to Child Safety
Learn more about COVID safety at Footscray Community Arts.
Date & Times
4—7 July 2023
- Footscray Community Arts
Early Bird Four Day: $300
Full Price Four Day: $340
Concession Four Day: $300
Single Day: $110
Before Care: $20
After Care: $20
Before and After Care: $30
If your child has access needs please get in touch with Creative Workshops and Schools Producer Sara at email@example.com
Meet the Musicians
Isobel Caldwell is a Hong Kong born, Naarm based multi-instrumentalist and songwriter. Always engaging different parts of her creativity and her love for connecting through performance and storytelling, Isobel performs with multiple bands around town including her solo project, soul/rnb group The Mamas, wonky-rock sweethearts Quality Used Cars and soul-rock band Big Lubly. She also loves combining music and her work with young people, having experience of music making and exploration with ages 3 months to 18 years, whether as a teacher or a mentor.
Bianca was singing from the moment she could talk and officially began her music training at age six with classical piano lessons. In her youth she went on to dabble in violin, guitar, drums, orchestral percussion and contemporary piano before coming full circle and settling on voice as her primary instrument. While working on her craft and building performance experience, Bianca went on to study at the Victorian College of the Arts (Melbourne University), receiving mentoring from Australia’s greatest musicians, graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 2014.
Throughout this time, she has been performing, composing, recording and improvising in a wide variety of projects, with performance experience at various venues such as the late great Bennett’s Lane, Jazzlab, Melbourne Recital Centre, Uptown Jazz Café, Howler, The Toff, Brunswick Ballroom and many others.
Bianca is passionate about teaching and sharing the joy of music with others and takes a tailored approach to each individual, understanding that everyone has their own goals, needs and learning styles. You can find Bianca teaching and mentoring at Firebird School of Music and working with YoWo Music.