Indigenous Advisory Group
Annette has worked in the field of Aboriginal cultural heritage for more than 25 years when she was part of the first group of cultural heritage officers employed by Aboriginal Affairs Victoria in 1988. Annette has held the Victorian Aboriginal community-elected chair of the Victorian Traditional Owners Land Justice Group for the past 6 years. Her long career in cultural heritage has seen her gain numerous formal qualifications in Cultural Heritage Management, and has allowed her to work with some of Australia’s leading archaeological experts.
As a Wurundjeri Elder, she has unique connections with both government and Aboriginal communities. She combines this with real-world business and commercial experience. Annette’s expertise in Aboriginal cultural heritage is reflected in the honorary positions she holds:
- Co-chair, Victorian Traditional Owners Land Justice Group
- Chair, City of Melbourne Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee
- Chair, City of Yarra Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee
- Committee member for the Department of Sustainability and Environment State Round Table
- Committee member, Zoos Victoria
- Committee member for the National Trust
- Member of Wurundjeri Tribe Committee of Management
- Board of directors for Wathaurong Aboriginal Co-operative.
Annette has also published widely including contributing to a monograph for the Australian Archaeological Association and also for the James Cook 1 Monograph.