- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
FCAC is a NDIS registered provider
Everything we do at FCAC is by, and with, our communities of focus. We strive to make art accessible and provide an important services to people with disability through our status as a NDIS registered provider. This page explains how you can use NDIS packages to access programs at FCAC.
What is the NDIS?
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides funding to Australians aged under 65, who have permanent and significant disability.
- The NDIS provides support to eligible people with intellectual, physical, sensory, cognitive and psychosocial disability.
- The NDIS is designed to help people get the support they need so their skills and independence improve over time.
For more information on NDIS please visit: https://www.ndis.gov.au/understanding/what-ndis
What NDIS supports does FCAC offer?
- NDIS participants can use Core and Capacity Building supports to attend FCAC workshops, courses and to pay for an engagement worker to support them to attend an event.
- NDIS funds covers the cost of receiving direct support.
- NDIS funds DO cover costs to attend a workshops and programs, and support to attend an FCAC programmed event. You will receive direct support from the Facilitator and/or FCAC Engagement Worker
- An FCAC Engagement Worker can also support you to attend an FCAC ticketed event.
- NDIS funds DO NOT cover the cost of an event ticket, show ticket, festival ticket, performance ticket or exhibition ticket. Tickets must be paid privately using your own money.
- FCAC has events that are free and not ticketed.
How to use your NDIS plan at FCAC
FCAC uses NDIS Core Support and Capacity Building funds.
FCAC works with NDIS participants to agree on the charge rates, based on the NDIS price guide. Participants then sign a service agreement with FCAC to participate in programs and access services. Service agreements also important information including the frequency of attendance and responsibilities from both parties.
To view our FCAC Handbook for NDIS Participants, please click here.
NDIS Core Support
NDIS Registration Group: Group and Centre Based Activities
NDIS Registration Group: Participation in Community
- ArtLife Residency Program
- Creative Workshops Program (you can also pay privately)
- The Lab
- FCAC Engagement Worker support to attend events and programs
NDIS Capacity Building, Programs and Initiatives
NDIS Registration Group: Innovative Community Participation
- ArtLife Mentorship
- ArtLife Residency Program
- Participation in Industry programs e.g. Emerging Cultural Leaders (ECL)
- FCAC Seasonal Artistic Program Support Package
You can read more about the registration groups and support items in the current NDIS price guide and the NDIS support catalogue here.
Privately Paid Services (not NDIS funded)
- Material fees
- FCAC bar and food purchases
- FCAC online/onsite shop purchases.
- Venue and equipment hire
- Ticketed events, shows, festival
Contact us to find out more about making and experiencing art with FCAC.