Expressions of Interest
Interested in joining or finding out more? You can reach out to us by submitting this form.
About the Program
ArtLife offers artistic and industry development opportunities for participating artists, including workshops, talks, networking opportunities, mentoring, and leadership opportunities. We are a Registered NDIS provider. You can access the ArtLife program using your NDIS plan.
ArtLife is part of our Artist and Industry Development Programs. Through these programs we generate sector change by enhancing the visibility of our communities of focus, promoting equity and cultural safety in the Australian arts industry.
ArtLife is Open to:
- d/Deaf and Disabled adults – 18 years old and over
- NDIS participants
- People with a passion for the arts
- People able to take direction and work with others respectfully in a group
- People interested in collaboration – responding to peers ideas and offering their own
Art Making Skills Development Workshops
These term-based workshops are facilitated by an Artistic Facilitator and an Engagement Worker. The Artistic facilitator leads the workshop and the Engagement workers provides support with access needs, removing barriers to participation as much as possible. You are supported to choose an area of interest and work on your own goals.
Workshop artforms include:
- Drawing and painting workshops
- Screen/digital arts
- Dance and performance
- Mixed media art making and 3D sculpture
Arts Industry Workshop
The Arts Industry workshop provides participants with skills, networks and knowledge to build capacity for more independent participation in arts and culture.
What you can expect:
- Attend galleries regularly within a group
- Develop your confidence
- Share your opinions and ideas
- Learn research skills about ‘what’s on’
- Develop your own strengths
- Develop a plan to have your access needs meet
- Be supported to develop your own plan for further independence in arts and culture
The Residency program is for ArtLife artists who have demonstrated their dedication to developing a professional arts practice. The ArtLife Artists-in-Residence are provided individual creative development support by Artistic Facilitators and Producers to work towards an ambitious and high-impact public project.
Please see our ArtLife Residency page for more information about our current Artists-in-Residence.
Meet our ArtLife Participants