- Artist Development Programs
Artist Development Programs
Applications for Artist Development Programs 2021 are now closed.
Successful applicants will be notified via phone or email by 31st August, 2021. Keep up to date with artist opportunities at FCAC by subscribing to our e-newsletter or following us across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For 47 years Footscray Community Arts Centre has been supporting artists to develop their practice. Now, we’re supporting a new generation of artists, creatives and filmmakers.
Our Artist Development Programs are open for Expressions of Interest! Take the next step in building your career by applying for one of four program streams in the links below:
- Tarnuk-ut Banaay: supports emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists across any creative discipline
- Emerging Creative Leaders: supports emerging artists and arts workers with an interest in community-engaged practice
- West Writers: supports emerging writers from all literary disciplines
- Behind the Screens: supports emerging filmmakers with interests in all aspects of filmmaking
Each program will see participants meeting regularly to engage in workshops led by industry guests and peers. All programs will run in parallel, providing opportunities for participants to come together across disciplines and for wider networking and collaboration.
Applications close Monday 2 August 2021, 11.59pm. Follow links above to apply.
Should I apply?
These programs are right for you if:
- you are an artist or arts worker underrepresented in mainstream arts and culture. Footscray Community Arts Centre works with artists from Indigenous, culturally and linguistically diverse, disability and LGBTQIA+ communities
- you are an emerging to early-career artist or arts worker (in first five years of your practice)
- you are a local (we cannot support costs for travel and accommodation)
- you want to build relationships with other artists and connect with renowned industry professionals
- you want to learn new skills through workshops to develop your creative practice or leadership capacity
- you want to contribute to social and ecological justice locally, nationally, and internationally through art, film or creativity
Information Sessions and Program Timeline
Learn more about our Artist Development Programs by watching the Auslan interpreted info session below.
|2021 Program Timeline|
|Call out opens||Tuesday 29 June|
|Info session (Online)||Tuesday 20 July, 6-7pm|
|Info session (For First Nations program – Online)||Wednesday 21 July, 6-7pm|
|Info session (Auslan interpreted – Online)||Thursday 22 July, 6-7pm|
|Expression of Interests due||Monday 2 August, 11.59pm|
|Programs commences||Tuesday 21 September, 2021|
|Program dates||Follow links to programs for session dates and times|
1- Image by Shuttermain