Adult Learning Australia
Adult Learning Australia is the peak body for adult and community education (ACE) in Australia. ACE in Australia is diverse and varies from state to state and is offered by a range of community-based organisations.
Adult Learning Australia members are community-based organisations offering adult education and include:
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Education Providers
- Adult Migrant Education Centres
- Community Colleges
- Community Learning Centres
- Neighbourhood and Community Houses
- Community Resource Centres
- U3A (University of the Third Age)
- Workers Education Associations (SA & NSW)
- Adult and Further Education programs in many TAFEs
- Local government
- Community Arts Based Education Providers
- other community organisations who offer learning opportunities to adults.
Adult Learning Australia also runs the Learning Changes Lives Foundation. This foundation helps disadvantaged adult Australians to achieve better quality of life and create a better future for themselves through the power of education.
ACE is funded via local, state and territory governments and by the Commonwealth Government via the Department of Education and Training.